Website Early Childhood Council of Larimer County
The ECCLC is looking to hire one Quality Support Coach, who may qualify for either the Level 1 or the Level 2 early childhood coaching positions. A combined job description follows. In general a Level 1 Coach is an entry level coach while a Level 2 coach has greater knowledge and evidence of higher skill level related to coaching practices.
To Apply: Email your cover letter, resume and the names/contact information of three professional references to Lisa Sadar at [email protected] Preference given to applications received by 1 p.m. on September 17. Position will remain open until filled. Mailed or hand delivered resumes will not be accepted
Quality Support Coach Early Childhood Council of Larimer County
Job Title: Quality Support Coach (Level 1 or Level 2)
Work Schedule: Flexible hours depending on work flow (average 30-40 hrs/wk). Primarily daytime, but may require occasional evening or weekend hours.
Salary Range: Level 1-$15.00 to 17.00/hour, depending on qualifications and experience OR Level 2-$16.00 to 19.00/hour, depending on qualifications and experience
Position Summaries: Level 1 Provide formal and informal assessments and technical assistance for programs focused around the Colorado Shines Rating and the Professional Development Information System (PDIS). Provide coaching support to Early Care and Education Programs using emerging coaching skills in order to improve quality services for children.
Level 2 Provide a variety of formal and informal assessments for programs and technical assistance where needed. Provide coaching support to Early Care and Education Programs using intermediate level coaching skills on a variety of early childhood topics/issues in a variety of settings in order to improve quality programming for children.
Essential Job Functions: All Coaching Levels:
- Provide direct service, including technical assistance and coaching, to early childhood professionals and programs:
- Identify and actively seek training to improve coaching skills and knowledge and obtain/maintain coaching certifications/credentials as required.
- Assist as needed with training presentations for child care providers to support quality improvement strategies (Level 1 coach).
- Provide training presentations for child care providers to support quality improvement strategies (Level 2 coach).
- Model professionalism through communication, attitude and appearance.
- Maintain an awareness of statewide early childhood initiatives. Level 2 coach expected to have a higher awareness of statewide activities and implications of these activities.
- Provide information/referrals on resources available to support early childhood programs.
- Participate in regular ECCLC staff and Quality Support Team meetings. Attend other meetings as requested/required, and as needed Level 2 coach is more likely to represent ECCLC at outside meetings/groups.
- Participate in regular reflective supervision sessions with Supervisor.
- Complete regular staff updates.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills and ability to attend to details.
- Track, report on and complete data entry of activities on a regular basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Work Experience Qualifications: Level 1 Coach:
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred. Master’s degree in Early Childhood or related field and/or coaching experience a plus.
- Experience in early childhood field required. Experience in a licensed child care setting preferred.
- Must be able to meet the new Colorado Coaching Credential requirements at minimum of Level 1.
- Ability to meet Basic Trainer Approval requirements through the Colorado Department of Education/PDIS a plus.
Level 2 Coach, includes all of Level 1 plus:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in Early Childhood or related field a plus.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in early childhood required. Experience in a licensed child care setting preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience coaching in early childhood with a minimum of 300 hours of documented face to face coaching in early childhood required.
- Must be able to meet the new Colorado Coaching Credential requirements, preferably above Level 1. The Colorado Coaching Certificate through University of Colorado Denver or equivalent education a plus.
- Must have or be able to obtain/maintain a Basic or higher Trainer Approval through the Colorado Department of Education/PDIS.
- Strong knowledge of early childhood development and early learning, from infancy through age 8.
All Coaching Levels:
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact constructively with diverse populations in a variety of situations.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to solve problems in a practical manner.
- Ability to do work independently as well as with a team, to work with groups and with individuals representing a variety of needs, abilities, socio-economic, educational and early childhood/childcare philosophies.
- Competent user of technology, including web-based applications and Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Valid Colorado Driver’s License and clean driving record.
- Reliable transportation for visiting child care programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Candidate must be able to:
- sit on the floor or in child sized chairs
- sit at a desk for extended durations with frequent and repetitious use of hands and fingers in the daily operation of office equipment
- stand, walk and reach with hands and arms, and carry materials to and from child care sites
- lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
ECCLC values collaboration, honors the expertise of others, and is committed to the best possible services for young children and families. Position will have two primary work environments with periods of highly intense work:
- Typical shared office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and continuous sensitivity of co-workers in close proximity required.
- Typical child care settings and around young children; includes center, preschool, family child care and school age care settings.
- Family friendly and flexible work environment
- Six paid holidays
- Paid time off (PTO)
To apply for this job please visit drive.google.com.