Website River Song Waldorf School
River Song is hiring for multiple summer positions!
River Song is a non-profit Waldorf School which emphasizes a connection with nature and a focus on creative play as an early foundation for creative thinking. River Song offers mixed-age preschool classes for children 2 ½ – 5 years of age, a private kindergarten for children 5 – 6 years, and two summer programs: Elderberries Camp for those between kinder and 1st grade, and Nature Camp for 7–12-year-olds. We are adjacent to natural areas that includes the Spring Creek Trail, a wonderful source for water play, discovery and observation of wildlife and seasonal change. We pride ourselves on low student:teacher ratios to be able to provide individualized experience for each child.
Positions for summer 2022
· 2 camp counselors for our Nature Camp
· Assistant counselor for our Elderberries camp
· Summer substitute teachers for all programs (1-2 full time, 2-3 part time)
Expectations, Skills and Responsibilities
We are looking for gentle and loving individuals to join our team and spend a summer enjoying nature and all its wonder! Preference will be given to applicants that have an understanding of Waldorf education practices and philosophy, and/or early childhood, elementary, or outdoor education experience. Camp teachers must be ECT (Early Childhood Teacher) qualified by the State of Colorado, or on their way (Assistant ECT). Subs need to have experience working with children.
The ideal candidate will also:
● Have a love of nature and be willing to explore with the children, even in inclement weather. Both camp programs are 100% outdoors! Our preschool programs spend 80% of their day outside in the summer, as well.
● Demonstrate warmth, compassion and clarity in working with both children and adults.
● Work cohesively with co-teachers to create an environment of warmth, love, and safety for the children.
● Be creative! Arts, crafts, and other handwork skills are an integral part of our day.
● Communicate clearly, verbally and in writing, to co-workers and parents alike.
● Be able to take instruction from the Director and lead teachers to assist in running all aspects of the classroom/camp.
● Observe and care for our children’s physical, emotional, social, intellectual and spiritual development and well-being.
● Contribute to monthly faculty meetings.
● Pass full background checks.
● Nature Camp counselors should also have a clean driving record and willingness to drive a 15-passenger mini-bus (no special license required).
These are summer-only positions with the ability to continue on as a sub into the school year. Our summer program runs May 31 – August 5th, 2022 but training would ideally begin mid-May, or sooner if the candidates schedule allows. River Song will also be opening an after-school program in the fall of 2022 so there are other opportunities for continued employment.
Paid vacation/sick time is available for camp teachers and full-time subs. Free childcare is also part of our benefits package. Hours will be Monday – Friday between 7:30-6:00, depending on position. Counselors will have set schedules while substitute teachers’ hours will vary based on need.
Salary is commensurate on education and experience.
“River Song is commended upon the harmonious relationships visible among the staff. This is a happy building with happy teachers and children. The teachers’ enjoyment of one another and commitment to support each other’s work is palpable.” ~ From our recent WECAN (Waldorf Early Childhood Association of North America) site visit report.
How to Apply:
Send resume and cover letter to [email protected] Please contact Becky via email or phone with any questions. (970) 407-9185. The positions will remain open until filled.
Learn more about River Song at www.riversongwaldorf.org
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org