Website River Song Waldorf School
Interested in nature-based early childhood education? Come see what Waldorf is all about!
River Song Waldorf School is seeking to hire a full-time Assistant Teacher.
River Song is a non-profit Waldorf early childhood program that emphasizes creative play as an early foundation for creative thinking. River Song offers mixed-age preschool classes for children 2 ½ – 6 years of age. We are adjacent to a natural area that includes the Spring Creek Trail, a wonderful source for water play, discovery and observation of wildlife and seasonal change. Our classrooms hold 14 students per day and we have a teacher to child ratio of 1:7.
Expectations, Skills and Responsibilities
One of our beloved assistants is transitioning into motherhood and will be departing River Song in the beginning of March. We are looking for a gentle and loving individual to take over her role and assist the lead teacher in the classroom. Preference will be given to applicants that have an understanding of Waldorf education practices and philosophy. Must be ECT (Early Childhood Teacher) qualified by the State of Colorado, or on your way (Assistant ECT).
The ideal candidate will also:
● Have an interest and understanding of Waldorf education philosophy
● Have a love of nature and be willing to explore with the children, even in inclement weather
● Demonstrate warmth, compassion and clarity in working with both children and adults
● Work cohesively with the lead teacher to create an environment of warmth, love, and safety for the children
● Communicate clearly, verbally and in writing, to co-workers and parents alike
● Be able to take instruction from the lead to assist in running all aspects of the classroom
● Observe and care for our children’s physical, emotional, social, intellectual and spiritual development and well-being
● Contribute to monthly faculty meetings and festivals
● Preference to be ECT (Early Childhood Teacher) qualified by the State of Colorado
This is a year-round position with paid time off around the holidays (including Thanksgiving, 2 week holiday break and a week for spring break). Paid vacation/sick time as well as paid mentoring time outside of the classroom is also included. Salary is based on education and experience. We also offer free childcare and health insurance. Hours are typically Monday-Friday 8:15-4:15 with a paid 45 min. lunch break.
· Free tuition
· Health insurance
· Paid training opportunities for on-going professional development as well as towards Waldorf ECE certification.
“River Song is commended upon the harmonious relationships visible among the staff. This is a happy building with happy teachers and children. The teachers’ enjoyment of one another and commitment to support each other’s work is palpable.” ~ From our recent WECAN (Waldorf Early Childhood Association of North America) site visit report.
Submit cover letter and resume for consideration.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org