Website RE- 1 Valley School District
Early Education Director
Hagen Early Education Center / Caliche Little Buffs
Full-time with benefits
208 scheduled working days; 8.50 hours/day, 4-day school week (Tues-Fri)
- Oversee the daily operations of preschool and related programs and provide support to Caliche Little Buffs.
- Coordinate development of annual budget and follow accounting purchasing procedures.
- Coordinate and maintain Human Services license for the preschool programs.
- Act as liaison of the District to Colorado Department of Education and Colorado Human Services.
- Develop, maintain and promote good relationships among various community groups and school patrons.
- Maintain a well-grounded philosophy of family centered, family directed, community based, inclusive approaches to supportive systems for families with very young children.
- Maintain on-going evaluation of existing programs and recommend changes in keeping with Human Services and state regulations.
- Compare and coordinate various components of the District’s preschool program including educational programming, recruitment, provider selection, in-service and program assessment; meet and maintain requirements of funding sources (i.e., Colorado Preschool Program [CPP]).
- Coach classroom instruction and provide guidance.
- Direct the enrollment process, following guidelines outlined by the state, identifying CPP eligibility and assist with Child Find.
- Provide leadership to staff, parents and teachers, working cooperatively and positively to provide a learning environment in which students may reach their potential.
- Work closely with early childhood special education teacher for inclusion of IDEA students into the program.
- Facilitate the work of the School District Early Education Council and ensure family involvement and support.
- Participate in activities that improve the preschool program as well as attend conferences, in-services and workshops to increase professional knowledge.
- Understand and apply District policies and implement academic curriculum in conjunction with state preschool mandates.
- Provide annual CPP evaluation and state application.
- Participate in and submit timely reporting requirements (i.e., October student count).
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Possess Director Certification from the Colorado Department of Human Services.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in preschool education.
- Good working knowledge of Human Services licensing requirements and Colorado Preschool Program requirements.
- In-depth understanding and experience in child development, early childhood education, preschool curriculum, data collection and data driven decision making.
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.