This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, Estes Park Center, which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center, serving more than 150, 000 guests annually. The Bennett Preschool Teacher is responsible for collaborating with co-teachers and the Preschool Director in teaching preschool age children using a Nature-based and Reggio inspired Approach.
• Be intrinsically and extrinsically motivated
• Have the ability to work effectively with other team members and possess communication skills to resolve difficulties
• Be fluent in speaking and writing English
• Regularly lift up to 40 pounds up to four (4) feet
• Assist in opening or closing the preschool as assigned
• Responsible for sustaining and implementing a nature-based approach to teaching
• Responsible for sustaining and implementing a Reggio inspired approach to teaching
• Responsible for each child’s portfolio and the evolving environment inside and outside of Bennett driven by the interests of the children
• Observe children’s development while taking anecdotal notes, video, and photographs
• Share in the responsibility for the safety of the children in her/his care with the ability to predict and prevent, identify and respond to safety problems
• Share in the responsibility of cleaning and maintaining Bennett building and facilities.
• Uphold the Child Abuse Prevention Code of Conduct of the YMCA of the Rockies and refrain from out-of-program contact with program participants
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule as the hours may vary and will include weekends, evenings and holidays.
• Possess a valid, USA state-issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
• Possess stamina to work in the work environment described herein.
• Must meet Early Childhood Teacher qualifications as determined by the State of Colorado.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Must possess and maintain current CPR and First Aid certifications.
• Must pass a Health Physical before employment
• Must have an Early Childhood Degree
• Have at least 1 year experience in a preschool classroom.
• Must enjoy working with youth.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Promote a cooperative, positive and problem-solving atmosphere at all times.
• Enthusiasm for constant Program Department development and offerings.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
• Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
• Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
• Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
• Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
• Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
• Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
• All other duties as assigned.