Website Bennett Preschool
The Bennett Preschool Teacher is responsible for collaborating with co-teachers and the Preschool Director in teaching preschool age children using a Nature-Based and Reggio-Inspired philosophy and curriculum.
- Possess Early Childhood Teaching License
- Hold Early Childhood Teaching Degree
- Meet State of Colorado qualifications for a group leader of a child care center (http://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/97dde5_ecfc0a8022dc437d9c9cd4addd210f81.pdf)
- Be as least 21 years old
- Be intrinsically and extrinsically motivated
- Have the ability to work effectively with other team members and possess communication skills to resolve difficulties
- Be fluent in speaking and writing English
- Possess current First Aid and CPR certifications
- Pass a health physical before employment
- Regularly lift up to 40 pounds up to four (4) feet
- Be able to walk up to two (2) miles on uneven terrain
- Have knowledge of and experience with the Reggio Approach to teaching and/or Nature-Based or Forest School Early Childhood Education Models.
- Meet acceptable criminal background check standards
- Assist in opening or closing the preschool as assigned
- Responsible for planning, sustaining, and implementing the Reggio Approach to teaching as well as Nature-based/Forest School philosophy and curriculum
- Responsible for each child’s portfolio and the evolving environment inside and outside of Bennett driven by the interests of the children
- Observe children’s development while taking anecdotal notes, video, and photographs
- Responsible for addressing behavior management issues
- Share in the responsibility for the safety of the children in her/his care with the ability to predict and prevent, identify and respond to safety problems
- Uphold the Child Abuse Prevention Code of Conduct of the YMCA of the Rockies and refrain from out-of-program contact with program participants
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility, and Faith in all functions.\
- Share in the cleaning of the Bennett Preschool building and preschool equipment
- Participate in YMCA Bennett Preschool Staff meetings when needed
- Lead morning meetings when needed
- Attend scheduled YMCA Bennett Preschool staff trainings
- Basic computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- All other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as required
This is a seasonal, hourly (based on 40 hours/week) position, paying $330/week with employee perks including free passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort)
- Room (shared room in our staff dormitory with free wifi and no bills!).
- Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week).
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, and an art center
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Resident Office
- 20% Discount at our General Store, Rustic café, and Jackson Stable horseback rides
- Discounts at local merchants
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
To apply for this job please visit ymcarockies.mua.hrdepartment.com.