Website First United Methodist Co-op Preschool
First United Methodist Co-Op Preschool is seeking a qualified Preschool Teacher for our Monday, Wednesday, Friday Pre-K Class. This position is part time with the selected individual working 4.5 per school day. To inquire, please email resume and cover letter to [email protected]
It is recommended that the person selected for this position be professionally prepared as a
teacher of young children, especially in the field of early childhood education or child
development. They must be able to meet the requirements for Early Childhood Teacher as
required by the Colorado Department of Human Services. A bachelor’s or an associate’s college
degree with course work emphasizing early childhood education and child development is
preferred. It is recommended that the teacher have classroom work experience and knowledge of
current educational theories.
Responsibilities may include, but will not be limited to the following:
• Plan, supervise, and implement a curriculum for the assigned classes in accordance with
the policies and philosophy of the school.
• Plan, supervise, and implement developmentally appropriate activities.
• Demonstrate creativity and resourcefulness in planning curriculum and in use of
• Use non-punitive methods of discipline and offer guidance in a positive manner.
• Assess each child’s growth, development, and performance, recording some observations
for each child and maintaining appropriate records.
• Gear the program to the needs of individual children with concerns for their interests,
special needs, special talents, and pace of learning.
• Treat children with dignity and respect.
• Help children to become aware of their roles as integral members of a group.
• Be responsible for the ordered arrangement, appearance, decor, and learning environment
of the classroom.
• Give primary consideration to the safety and health of students when planning the
environment of the classroom.
• Participate in recommended training programs, conferences, courses and other aspects of
• Implement methods for efficiently utilizing the services of parent helpers.
• Maintain a friendly and professional relationship with parents and co-workers.
• Support the philosophy of the school and the Director.
• Maintain confidentiality of information.
• Conduct parent conferences on children’s development and classroom behavior twice a
Specific Recommendations of FUMC Co-Op Preschool Teaching Staff
• Teachers are expected to arrive at school at least 30 minutes prior to the beginning of
class and remain at least 30 minutes after class. Teachers must complete 4.5 hours work
total for each school day.
• Notify the Director as far in advance as possible (2 weeks preferred) if a day off is
needed. Obtain approval by Director for planned day off and coordinate with Director to
find a qualified substitute. In the case of an emergency day off, call the Director
immediately and coordinate with Director in finding a qualified substitute.
• Attend monthly staff meetings.
• Attend Orientation, Fall/Spring Picnics, staff retreat, before school year classroom set up
(20 hours), planning days (4.5 hours per month), conferences, Dad & Me and Mom & Me
• Attend Parent Advisory Board meetings upon request.
• Attend Parent meetings, usually in May and August.
• Provide necessary forms and information as required by the Colorado Department of
Human Services (listed in the FUMC Personnel Policies).
• Conduct class meetings as needed.
• Complete required continuing education 15 hours per year and maintain current CPR,
First Aid, Child Abuse and Universal Precautions.
In addition to all school calendar holidays, which are unpaid, teachers receive 2 weeks of their
work week in paid personal time. (For example, teachers teaching 3 days a week receive 6
personal days.) Unused paid leave, vacation, or sick days will not be paid upon the end of the
school year or termination of employment.
• Teachers will be reimbursed for lunch, hotel, and conference
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org