Website The Family Center/La Familia
General Statement of Duties:
Since 1995, The Family Center/La Familia (TFC/LF), a bilingual and multicultural organization, has provided
childcare and support services to families in Fort Collins and Larimer County.Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will have overall strategic and operational
responsibility for TFC/LF staff, programs, and budget to ensure achievement of its mission. Responsibilities
Leadership and Strategy
- In conjunction with the Board of Directors, design, develop, implement and update strategic plan.
- Ensure effective organizational resources and staffing structures to meet strategic goals.
- Develop, maintain, and support a strong Board of Directors and build Board involvement with strategic
direction and organizational goals.
- Actively engage and energize volunteers, Board members, partnering organizations and funders to support its mission.
- Ensure effective systems to regularly evaluate program components and to identify outcomes that can be
communicated to the Board, funders, and other constituents.
Administration and Management
- Human Resources: Recruit, hire, train and retain quality staff to meet the objectives of TFC/LF.
Provide ongoing coaching and performance evaluation to ensure staff understands performance
expectations and are prepared to meet their goals.
- Financial: Work with the Board of Directors and other stakeholders to create an annual budget. Ensure
that financial goals are achieved and operating expenses are within budget. Ensure the legal integrity of
the organization, including adherence to appropriate accounting and contractual arrangements.
- Operations: Develop, implement and manage organizational policies and procedures. Ensure effective
Fundraising and Communications
- Work with Board and development staff to create an effective funding plan to ensure long-term
organizational financial sustainability. Manage and motivate development staff to meet fundraising goals.
- Cultivate relationships with existing and potential major donors and sponsors to raise funds and identify new opportunities.
- Develop a strategic marketing and development plan that defines all aspects of communications, from
web presence to external relations, with the goal of creating a strong organizational brand.
- Represent and promote TFC/LF’s mission in the community.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required; Master’s Degree preferred. Degree in early
childhood development, social work, or MBA preferred.
- A minimum of two to five years of senior level organizational experience required; non-profit
- Demonstrated experience in strategy development, staff leadership, financial management and
partnership development required.
- Experience working with a Board of Directors preferred.
- Knowledge and/or experience in the field of family support and/or early childhood education preferred.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) and bicultural candidates preferred.
- Must successfully pass background check.
Skills and Experience:
- Proven track record of success in a leadership position, developing a clear vision for a program or organization in conjunction with stakeholders, and proven ability to inspire staff and other constituents
to achieve that vision.
- Experience in managing and motivating staff to meet and exceed performance expectations.
- Demonstrated history of strong engagement with diverse multicultural and multilingual populations anefforts.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with public speaking experience, including to diverse audiences.
- Proven ability to demonstrate integrity, self-confidence, persuasiveness, decisiveness and creativity to
achieve organizational goals.
The Executive Director position is a full time, exempt position. Salary range is $70,000 to
$80,000 depending on experience. To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references (two
professional and one personal) to the search committee at [email protected]. All documents
must be received by close of business Friday, March 27, 2020.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com