Poudre School District
The director manages the day-to-day operations of the early childhood education (ECE) program including fiscal management, conducts program evaluations, makes data-driven decisions, selects staff, oversees the appraisal process for all staff and places the needs and welfare of students above all else. Responsible for providing vision, management, and leadership for the district’s ECE program assuring effective collaboration with all district departments and services. Responsible for interpreting and administering all local, state, and federal statutes, rules, policies and administrative directions pertaining to ECE. Serve as liaison for the Poudre School District (PSD) Early Childhood programs (including Head Start and Early Head Start) and the Office of Head Start and Regional VIII office. Prepare grant applications including Head Start continuation grant and Colorado Preschool Program application coordinating with Policy Council, Board of Education, and PSD fiscal management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Description of Job Tasks:
- Plan, implement and monitor all district services relating to early childhood education programs (ECE).
- Interpret and administer local, state and federal statues, rules, regulations, policies and administrative directives pertaining to services for ECE.
- Articulate effective instructional practices by identifying best practices, developing and implementing strategic improvement plans, develop professional development trainings and opportunities, and aligning ECE programs with district goals and initiatives.
- Assess quality of classroom instruction by monitoring, being visible, conducting regular observations and walkthroughs, communicating and creating a clear behavior structure and atmosphere.
- Plan, manage, and monitor all ECE budgets and applications for state and federal funds.
- Manage human resources including staffing decisions and job assignments based on program needs and resources. Provide oversight on the hiring, supervision and evaluation of ECE staff in accordance with district policy.
- Maintain lines of communication with elementary principals, district leadership, and other organizational units to ensure compliance with district goals and state and federal guidelines.
- Develop and implement decision-making processes that encourage the on-going participation of staff members in order to promote commitment to a shared focus.
- Supervise the preparation of grant applications, community assessment, self-assessment, and program information reports.
- Represent ECE program at local, regional, and state meetings; task forces and other functions.
- Provide on-site assistance to building principals and staff in school improvement and staff development.
- Integrate district ECE programs with local agencies and with similar community programs and participate on local agency boards to promote collaboration.
- Maintain appropriate communication channels with parents and community member/organizations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To learn more about the job qualifications and requirements, click here.
To apply for this job please visit psdschools.tedk12.com.