Website City of Loveland
The main focus of this position will be working with preschoolers and youth ages 3-12 in our state-licensed preschool and school age child care programs. This position will also have the opportunity to propose, create, & implement new recreational classes or programs for tots, preschoolers, and youth up to age 12. Areas of instruction may include arts/crafts, holiday parties, STEM, nature & science, or other.
Shifts will vary based on class schedules. Most shifts are Monday through Friday between 8am-5pm with infrequent evenings or weekends required for trainings or special events.
Hiring range: $12-$14 per hour depending on qualifications and experience.
Position will be open until filled.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Instructing registered participants
- Developing and implementing lesson plans
- Participating in required training
- Inspecting classroom/program environment and equipment to insure safety
- Handling emergencies according to established procedures
- Completing administrative tasks such as skill assessment of participants, attendance sheets, class evaluations and class descriptions for brochures, assessing and purchasing class supplies providing make-up sessions as required.
- Some positions may require operating a motor vehicle including a 12-14 passenger van.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of activity required.
- Strong oral communication skills are necessary and required.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people effectively and diplomatically.
- Strong customer service skills are required and necessary.
- The ability to handle difficult situations involving participants with patience, good judgment, and with diplomacy is expected.
- Must demonstrate competent organizational and planning skills.
- First Aid and CPR certification may be required.
- If position requires driving, must possess a valid driver’s license.
Education and/or formal training:
Course work in recreation, education or related field preferred but not required. Previous participation in and sound knowledge of the activity.
Program Instructor I: 0-6 month experience as a primary instructor in children’s and/or adult activities.
Program Instructor II: One to 3 years as a primary instructor in children’s and/or adult activities.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.