Website AXIS International Preschool
Preschool Spanish Lead Teacher
About AXIS: AXIS International Preschool offers Core Knowledge curricula through language immersion for children ages 18 months through 5 years. All children learn Spanish, Chinese, or French each day in a play-based setting. We are one of three schools at the new Fort Collins Academic Center of Excellence located at 2130 W. Horsetooth Road, Fort Collins, CO 80526, along with AXIS International Academy (K-5 charter school) and Colorado Early Colleges Middle School. AXIS International Preschool is a nonprofit preschool organization and our tuition is based on the Fort Collins average.
AXIS International Preschool nurtures children to develop two languages, knowledge, and key developmental skills:
● Academic excellence (knowledge) through Core Knowledge and Singapore Math;
● X (Cross)-cultural (global) understanding and empathy;
● Immersion in world languages though a language immersion model (Spanish, French, or Chinese);
● Social-emotional and cognitive skills development to foster healthy child development across all areas.
Position Title: Preschool Lead Teacher
Status: Full Time or Part Time, Flexible
Supervisor: Preschool Director
Broad Scope of the Position: The lead teacher will construct learning opportunities through the integration of math, literacy, language arts, science and social studies in Spanish or English. These learning opportunities will be guided by the Core Knowledge Scope and Sequence and Singapore Math. All curricula and materials are provided. Each classroom will include partner language immersion time in Spanish, French, or Chinese. The Spanish Lead teacher will immerse children in Spanish, while other children attend French or Chinese immersion based on parent preference. Language immersion/partner language teachers and English teachers will collaborate to reinforce bilingual learning (i.e. instruction in the partner language and English is reinforced and aligned). School Hours are 8:15-3:15 for full time. Part-time hours can be flexible.
Minimum Qualifications: Must be lead-qualified in the state of Colorado. For a Lead Teacher, you must meet these credentials (click here). If you do not meet these credentials, you may apply for teaching assistant position.
• A love for children and a strong desire to make a difference every day
• Ability to build relationships with families and coworkers and create a dynamic environment where play and discovery go hand-in-hand
• Outstanding customer service skills
• CPR and First Aid Certification or willingness to obtain
• Must meet state specific guidelines for the role
• Must be physically able to use a computer with basic proficiency, lift a minimum of 40 pounds, and work indoors or outdoors.
• Must be able to assume postures in low levels to allow physical and visual contact with children, see and hear well enough to keep children safe, and engage in physical activity with children.
• Ability to speak, read, and write English and speak and listen in Spanish.
Salary: To commensurate with experience and our full-time salary schedule equivalent; 9.5-month (Mid-August-End of May) or 12-month option (year round).
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
For questions please contact: Kari Anne Calarco, AXIS International Preschool Board Director at [email protected] or (970) 372-2374.
Teaching at AXIS: As a preschool we offer a unique opportunity for teachers to be leaders in and outside their classroom and in our community at large. We seek teachers who love to teach, but who also love to learn. Our teachers are innovators and are committed professionals who like to implement best practices with high-quality materials to accelerate student learning in two languages. We value and incorporate teacher feedback into our school decisions. Our staff culture is supportive, collaborative, and diligent. We offer growth opportunities to help our teachers grow their own skills and accomplish their short-term and long-term professional goals. Our teachers thrive in a unique international work environment right here in Fort Collins, Colorado.
Because AXIS is passionate about student learning, we seek teachers who will expertly develop student knowledge, skills, and language (English and Spanish, Chinese, or French). We select staff who believe strongly in our values and educational philosophy. We value diversity across all areas, and we are an equal opportunity employer. More details can be found on our website and by clicking here.
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.