Website AXIS International Preschool
Preschool Spanish Assistant Teacher
About AXIS: AXIS International Preschool offers Core Knowledge curricula through language immersion for children ages 18 months through 5 years. All children learn Spanish, Chinese, or French each day in a play-based setting. We are one of three schools at the new Fort Collins Academic Center of Excellence located at 2130 W. Horsetooth Road, Fort Collins, CO 80526, along with AXIS International Academy (K-5 charter school) and Colorado Early Colleges Middle School. AXIS International Preschool is a nonprofit preschool organization and our tuition is based on the Fort Collins average.
AXIS International Preschool nurtures children to develop two languages, knowledge, and key developmental skills:
● Academic excellence (knowledge) through Core Knowledge and Singapore Math;
● X (Cross)-cultural (global) understanding and empathy;
● Immersion in world languages though a language immersion model (Spanish, French, or Chinese);
● Social-emotional and cognitive skills development to foster healthy child development across all areas.
Position Title: Preschool Assistant Teacher
Status: Full Time or Part time, flexible.
Supervisor: Preschool Director
Broad Scope of the Position: The assistant will support the teacher and children with child development, language learning, and knowledge learning in Core Knowledge subjects (math, literacy, language arts, science and social studies) in Spanish. All curricula and materials are provided. School Hours are 8:15-3:15 for full time.
• A love for children and a strong desire to make a difference every day
• Ability to build relationships with families and coworkers and create a dynamic environment where play and discovery go hand-in-hand
• Outstanding customer service skills
• CPR and First Aid Certification or willingness to obtain
• Must meet state specific guidelines for the role
• Must be physically able to use a computer with basic proficiency, lift a minimum of 40 pounds, and work indoors or outdoors.
• Must be able to assume postures in low levels to allow physical and visual contact with children, see and hear well enough to keep children safe, and engage in physical activity with children.
• Ability to speak, read, and write English and speak and listen in Spanish.
Salary: To commensurate with experience and our full-time salary schedule equivalent; 9.5-month (Mid-August-End of May) or 12-month option (year round).
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
For questions please contact: Kari Anne Calarco, AXIS International Preschool Board Director at [email protected] or (970) 372-2374.
Working at AXIS: We seek assistant teachers who love to teach, but who also love to learn. Our staff culture is supportive, collaborative, and diligent. We offer growth opportunities to help our staff grow their own skills and accomplish their short-term and long-term professional goals. Our staff thrives in a unique international work environment right here in Fort Collins, Colorado. We select staff who believe strongly in our values and educational philosophy. We value diversity across all areas, and we are an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.