The Professional Development Program offers scholarships for ECE college classes to individuals working in the field of early care and education in Larimer County. Since the 2002-2003 academic year, ECCLC has provided almost $600,000 in scholarships to child care center staff and family child care home providers.
To apply for scholarship assistance, print out our Scholarship Application, fill out completely, and return to Lauren Powers at the Early Childhood Council by mail or fax.
Applications are accepted at any time and are considered on a first-come first-serve basis. Often the requests for scholarships exceed the funding available even before the final deadlines. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. The final deadline dates for all applications are:
- Fall Semester- July 15th
- Spring Semester- December 10th
- Summer Semester- April 15th
Below are more sources of financial assistance for college classes in Early Childhood Education:
- Federal Pell Grants– Fill out a FAFSA application online.
- College Opportunity Funds– The College Opportunity Trust Fund (COF), created by the Colorado Legislature, provides a stipend to eligible undergraduate students. The stipend pays a portion of your total in-state tuition.
- TEACH scholarships– visit the Early Childhood Council Leadership Alliance website for more information about TEACH scholarships and how to apply for them.
If you have questions or need more information, contact Lauren Powers at (970) 377-3388 ext. 202.